Questions to ask at an interview
Your interview is going well. You've answered all the recruiter's questions confidently and related your responses back to the job description. As the interview comes to a close, one of the final questions may be, 'Do you have any questions?’ To be in with a chance of securing a job, answer yes!
Good interview questions to ask the employer include:
About the role
- Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibility of the role?
- What's the proposed start date for the role?
- What is a typical career path in this job?
- What training and development is provided?
- How could I impress you within the first three months?
About the employer/business
- What do you enjoy about the job?
- Is there anything that you would like to improve in your department?
- What's your personal experience of working for this organisation?
- Where do you think the company is heading within the next five years?
If the employer doesn't give an indication of what happens next a good way to finish the interview is by asking the employer the next steps and when you can expect to hear from them.
For more interview tips, click here.